Sunday, January 23, 2011

BEST FANTASY FILMS OF THE DECADE??

I promise this is the last list I'll publish. I think this listing phase is a part of my progression from "teacher film blogging" to "personal movie lover blogging."  So it is helping my change my focus. I can admit the Film Club blog was a failure, but mostly because we did not need it. Another group, another year, that may change. But for now, those hour long bull sessions after the movies are golden, though I am still not sure how we moved from the Karate Kid to visual physics jokes all over the white board at 6:00 PM last Thursday.
So here is the list. I like most of the films on it, but do not see any justification for either Shrek movie on a fantasy film list. If you are going to add "cartoons" then why not go to anime or stop motion and add Coraline, Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion?
http://www.bscreview.com/2011/01/best-fantasy-movies-of-the-decade-2000-2009/
Apparently, the link doesn't work anymore, so here is my second favorite list. I think I had better make my own list from now on. None of these are great, but still worth considering:
http://guidetogeekdom.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-fantasy-films-of-past-decade.html

No comments: